2021 Operational LiDAR Inventory (OLI) Meeting – Recording
AgendaStart Date: April 7, 2021
Location: Recording of Virtual Event
Click on any presentation title below to view a PDF of the presentation slides.
- Intro – Jacob Strunk, USFS, FIA
- S#1 – Plot Based Inventory (PBI): Area Based Estimation for Updating Minnesota’s Stand Level Inventory (lidar) – Jennifer Corcoran, Minnesota DNR
- S#2 – Bypassing Tree Growth Models to Predict Timber Harvest from Lidar – Tom Baribault, Mason, Bruce and Girard
- S#3 –Predictive Forest Inventory in British Columbia: A Test Site for Advancing Forest Inventory Methods – Quinn Geoffrey, BC Forest, Lands and Natural Resources Operations
- S#4 – OSU Academic Program – Temesgen Hailemariam, OSU
- S#5 – MT Academic Program – David Affleck, UMT
- S#6 – UW Academic Program – Monika Moskal, UW
- S#7 – UW SEFS McIntire-Stennis Internal Research Proposals – Monika Moskal, UW
- S#8 – Field Measurements from Mobile Lidar Scanning – Andrew Sanchez-Meador, Northern Arizona University
- S#9 – Lidar Modeling Analysis in South Carolina – Jacob Strunk, USDA Forest Service, FIA
- S#10 – Operational Forest Inventory of Mature Douglas-fir Stands Using Mobile Lidar – Bogdon Strimbu and Chu Qi, Oregon State University
- S#11 – Stand development simulation using LiDAR generated tree characteristics in a Tree and Stand Simulator (TASS) –Sharad Baral and Jeff Stone, BC FLNR
- S#12 – Species-composition Modeling Using Lidar and Spectral Indices – Francisco Mauro Gutierrez, Oregon State University
- S#13 – HRIS Forest Inventory Reliability Metrics – Understanding the Variable Spatial Accuracy of Your Stand Attribute Models – Cassidy Rankine
- S#14 – Individual Tree Detection LiDAR Inventories – Mike Parlow, Forsite Consultants
- Bonus presentation – Introduction to Google Earth Engine –Zhiqiang Yang, USFS Rocky Mountain Research Station
About this EventThe 2021 OLI meeting was held virtually on April 7, 2021 and focused on the operational or near-operational usage of remote sensing technologies in forest inventory and mapping applications. If you register using the button above you will have unlimited access to view the recordings of this meeting and you will receive an email with information on how to access those recordings once they are available.
If you already registered for the live meeting you will receive information on how to access the recordings once they are available and you do not need to register/pay again for access to the recordings.
Click here for more information on Operational LiDAR Inventory and past meetings.
- Regular Registration: $50
- Student Virtual Registration: Free, but please make sure to register so you can receive the information on how to access the recordings.