Call for Papers
This workshop will feature oral and poster presentations that focus on the broad role that certified forest products, life cycle assessment and sustainably managed forests play in improving the lives of people through economic, ecological and social benefits of forests. Oral presentations will provide a forum for researchers and forest owners and managers who are interested in forest certification, life cycle analysis (LCA), economic contribution of forest products, ecosystem services and markets and sustainable forestry. Presenters are encouraged to submit studies or examples of research on: 1) forest products certification, 2) ecosystem services and markets, 3) life cycle analysis, or 4) sustainable forest management and certified forestry. Please indicate which of the four sessions your paper would best align, either forest products certification, ecosystem services and markets, life cycle analysis, or sustainable forest management and certified forestry.
Instructions for submitting abstracts
- Deadline extended for abstracts! Due date for submission of abstracts is 14 September 2018.
- Final decisions on submitted abstracts (oral presentations or posters) will be informed to authors on 30 September 2018.
- Prepare a one page, properly formatted abstract (see example for formatting details) and submit it to email@example.com.
- Indicate if oral or poster presentation.
- Indicate which of the four sessions your paper or poster would best align:
- forest products certification
- ecosystem services and markets
- life cycle analysis
- sustainable forest management and certified forestry
All presentations will be in English.
Presentations should be prepared using Microsoft Power Point versions 2010 or later. Presentations will be 15 minutes long with 5 minutes for questions and discussion.
Presentations should be ready to upload to the site 24 hours before your presentation.
Note: Authors are encouraged to submit papers presented at the workshop for a special issue on Sustainable Forest Management in the journal Sustainability. Below is a link to this special issue.