2021 Forest and Conservation Nursery Technology Webinar Series
AgendaStart Date: August 4, 2021
A series of webinars will be held Wednesdays, August 4 through September 8, 2021, 11 – Noon (Pacific Daylight Time).
Expert Nursery Operations Panel Discussion Regarding Strategies Used During the COVID-19 Pandemic: What Worked, What Didn’t Work, and Looking Towards the Future
- Iola Elder, Sylvan Vale Nursery, Black Creek, BC
- Gina Sowders, Tennessee Division of Forestry, East Tennessee State Nursery, Athens, TN
- Paul Elias, IFA Nurseries, Klamath Nursery, Klamath Falls, OR
- Tom Stevens, Weyerhaeuser Company, Rochester Nursery, Rochester, WA
- Aram Eramian, USDA Forest Service, Coeur d’Alene Nursery, Coeur d’Alene, ID
Back to Basics: Water Management to Meet Seedling Targets
- Jeremy Pinto, USDA Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station, Moscow, ID
New and Innovative Nursery Technologies
- Mike Taylor, The Green Machine Nursery, Winter Garden, FL
Approaches for Assisted Migration
- Carrie Pike, USDA Forest Service, Region 9, West Lafayette, IN
- Vicky Erickson, USDA Forest Service, Region 6, Pendleton, OR
Expert Panel Discussion: Benefits and Drawbacks of Hot Planting, Summer Planting, and Fall Planting
- Nabil Khadduri, Washington Department of Natural Resources, Webster Nursery, Olympia, WA
- Rick Allen, Starker Forests, Corvallis, OR
- Owen Burney, J.T. Harrington Forestry Research Center, New Mexico State University, Mora, NM
- T.R. Clark, F&W Forestry Services, Inc., LaFayette, AL
Turning Valves on the Reforestation Pipeline
- Kas Dumroese, USDA Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station, Moscow, ID
- Diane Haase, USDA Forest Service, Westwide Regions, Portland, OR
Each webinar will last approximately one hour and include a Q&A session.
Registration is free, but attendees must register to receive the zoom link.
About the ConferenceTHIS WEBINAR SERIES IS FREE:
Webinars will be held Wednesdays in August and the beginning of September and will last approximately one hour, including a Q&A session. There is NO fee to participate, but all attendees must register to receive the zoom link for the weekly webinar.